Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday night (and day) fever

O woke up with a 103° fever today. He was much better after a little Tylenol, but his fever shot right back up (to 103.6°) when it started to wear off. We called the nurse, who wanted us to keep the fever under 105° but was not too concerned otherwise, and we are keeping a close eye on him. He slept for most of the day, but was in fairly good spirits this afternoon. N seems totally fine, if a little stir-crazy from staying home all day. I won't be at all surprised if he wakes up with a fever, though. At almost 2 years old, they've gotten every single one of each other's viruses.



I went and heard family friend Myra's "Apron Talk" today at the Women's Tea at Ste*ve and Kath*y's church. It was a lovely time, and very interesting. J's dad and brother took care of the boys for a couple of hours while I was gone. They did well despite a cat scratch (to Ste*ve, supposedly unprovoked), some very messy pants (O) and a lot of tears (also O, I think). We're so fortunate to have capable and loving families who live nearby or come to visit.

I'm going to go make sure all the towels and sheets are washed, because you never know what a toddler fever will bring in the middle of the night. It is still bitterly cold here. At this point, I think that the next time it hits 20° here, people might be dancing in the streets.


No comments:

Post a Comment