The other day, during the preparation of kale, refried bean, and tomato tostadas, I remember that the boys were giggling and saying something about "wopes". We read some stories while they baked, and then we sat down to eat. All of a sudden, No*ah yelled "my wopes!" and Oli*ver yelled, "wopes!". N pulled some twist ties out of his tostada, put there (and thus baked) by one of my little stinkers when they were messing around in the kitchen drawer at prep time. Wopes.
The boys seem to love anything between two tortillas. I hate to mention this to my mother, who hates beets, but the boys love those too.
The boys really enjoy a smörgåsbord of options, and eat all kinds of things, including spicy food. Their daddy cooks them giant breakfasts of pancakes, hot cereal, and eggs dishes, and they wolf it down. They also have their picky days about some foods, like most toddler do.
What's a little fingerpaint between brothers?


It's kind of the opposite of how they eat, as No*ah is quite neat, and Oliv*er, well, not. This is what our kitchen wall looks like right now. I'm about to take it all down and put it up in the garage, since we start new classes and such in September. I know a lot of moms complain about the constant craft projects and how to know what to do with them, but I have to say, I so enjoy this. We'll see how I feel by the time they're in third grade.

The boys tried a bouncy house for the first time last week, and thought they'd gone to heaven.



Oliv*er is still gaily purposing to take anything he can find apart, sometimes using his teeth, and we're doing our best to keep him occupied and safe. It was actually No*ah who broke our front window last week, so our efforts may need to be more equitably divided. I'll consider it a successful summer if we can keep both boys out of the emergency department for the length of it... Such good intentions, but so many bad ideas.



We had a borrowed bike and Burley trailer to use for a few days, which the boys greatly enjoyed.

What, don't you play the kazoo in your underwear?












No comments:
Post a Comment