
We had a lot of firsts this week - first Sunday School, first Early Childhood class of the season, and first MOPS class ever. It was a lot - the boys did really well, but acted rather stressed at home, and they're recovering from a sinus thing that hasn't helped. I have it too, going on the third week, and I'm rather glad this week is over. It was full of crankiness, poor sleep, and calamity. Today was topped off by Susan, one of our hens, escaping into the neighborhood for the entire day, only to appear outside the coop at dusk. That was preceded by my wedding band slipping off my finger somewhere between the back gate and the tomato bed. I think I'll need to rent a metal detector to find it. Fortunately, the situation doesn't appear to be a metaphor for anything I can think of, and anything we're dealing with falls easily into the category of "this too shall pass".
At our Early Childhood class, someone asked if her son needed to "tinkle". N asked what that meant, and I told him that "tinkle" meant "pee pee". In the car on the way home he was singing, "tinkle, tinkle, little bottom" to the tune of "Twinkle Little Star". Ahem.
Tonight's quote:
"No Mama! I am not being ridiculously contrary!"
Score one for much-needed levity...




1 comment:
I left something for you on my blog. Come and check it out.
Love,
Christine
Post a Comment