
Oli*ver woke up from his nap with a high fever yesterday. Jo*el took No*ah to the Global Ma*rket to get us all some food and run off a little of N's abundant energy, and I stayed home with O. He was kind of miserable, but happy enough to lay around with books and puzzles.

If you look closely, you'll see that a little chocolate cookie didn't hurt either. Did you know that at our Early Childhood classes, we mamas are all total hypocrates? For the kids we bring things like sliced apples, peapods, cheese cubes and whole wheat crackers. For each other? Bundt cake. Oreos. M&M's. Bottles of Dr. Pepper. So far, nobody has brought wine, at least.

Initially, O was pretty happy to have the bathtub all to himself, but then he got the chills, and I got him out and gave him some Tylenol.

This morning, Grandpa picked up N and brought him swimming, and I got to hang out with my "only boy" (as they put it when I have only one with me) for most of the morning. We had a nice time together, and I got three loads of laundry folded, the vacuuming, and some e-mailing done. We also went to the library in the "only boy stroller", and replaced one heap of books with another. O stayed in the stroller the whole time so he wouldn't get anyone sick.

O said,"I like to be your Only Boy and be in da Only Boy stroller and go to the Only Boy library" Then, at lunch, he said, "I want to see my No*ah now, please."

N seems to have had a really nice time at the Y and got to see Auntie Em*ily and baby Aug*ust there along with Grandma and Grandpa. At lunch, O said "I was missing you a widdle bit, bruddah." N said, "I was swimming, Oli*ver."
No comments:
Post a Comment