
We got about 9 inches of wet snow overnight, with another 6-12 on the way. Whew! The new car got me to work and Target though (our emergency flashlight broke, and I thought it was a good time to buy another in case the power goes out). At work, I was the only one there from my department, so I had the privilege of helping people with emergency needs all day. I gave donated stuffed animals to kids whose parents were being hospitalized for psychiatric emergencies, kept someone from having their utilities shut off, gave out co-pays so people could get much-needed medications, gave out food vouchers, and distributed warm clothing. I don't have much to do with this end of things anymore (I have more to do with making sure we have the funds to do much of it), so it was a humbling experience to see the faces of all those people needing help just to get by. I am grateful for all that we have, as well as for the generosity of those who give to others. After work and errands, I got to come home and build a snowmen with my little guys, and you can probably imagine just how fortunate I felt for my family, warm house, and our good health.




And for Art and Matt, two neighbors from either side of the street who have been keeping the sidewalk shoveled all day.

And even the new Michelin all-weather tires on our new Civic, because I think we're going to need them this weekend! Tonight, we go to church at Bryn Mawr (where Joel plays), and tomorrow we spend time with Joel's family in St. Paul. Over the river and through the snow, to Auntie's house we go....
No comments:
Post a Comment