
The blocks above are a recreation of "Wonderland", the imaginary world the boys talk about all the time, where everything is made of candy. They are very into imaginary worlds, forts, and "pretend friends" at the moment.

We recently had a "guest". Benjamin Bear, who lives at Gra*ce Nursery School, likes to take an overnight visit to each of Miss J*ean's students, and it was No*ah's turn. We even had a special book in which to record Benjamin's "adventures". No*ah introduced him to all his other "stuffies" and had him sleep on a special part of his bed so he wouldn't feel lonely. It was hard to say goodbye.


Isn't this a great plastic knife the boys got for Christmas from Auntie Je*nn and Uncle Da*ve? The boys use it all the time to cut up veggies for dinner, or make a fruit snack for themselves. The other day, I mentioned in the car that I was buying more peanut butter, since the dog got into our giant plastic tub of it. Oli*ver requested celery too, so we could have peanut butter on celery "like grandma makes". Then No*ah said from behind me, "I really love Grandma", and Ollie responded, "me too, No*ah".
Winter is draaaaagging on - this is the time of year when everyone is kind of out of patience and Vitamin D, and spring is still a month off from seeming like a reality. But we're surviving, and trying to get outside when we can. We've managed a lot more sledding and fun new outdoor activities like cross-country skiing this year. Last week we took the boys tubing (going down a snowy hill on an inner tube and back up again on a lift, for anyone who doesn't know what that is). Ollie said,"I think maybe tubing was the funnest thing I've ever done. Except maybe next time I'll crash more." No*ah: "Tubing was pretty fun, even though it was awfully fast and I almost crashed."

No*ah spends hours and hours drawing and crafting, but finally figured out that not everything is permanently archived in our house. He asked me to take some pictures of his art, and I thought maybe you'd like to see them too. Click here to see them (you don't need a Facebook account, because I made the album public). If you click on the first one, you can see the rest of the pictures like a slide show. You may be interested to know that the picture of the fat man behind bars with a bag of money is of "Den*ny H#ec*ker", the recently indicted auto-sales scion. The boys had heard on the radio that he is "probably going to jail for the rest of his life", and that made quite an impression. Whenever they hear his name, Ollie says "he made a lot of problems for himself!"
No comments:
Post a Comment