I did this once before, but here are some funny kid-isms that have come up recently. In reading them, I notice a lot are about the very quotable O*liver, who is king of the funny comment around here at the moment. Noah*'s quite funny too, but his physical humor, funny faces, and flair for acting out stories are a little harder to translate into a blog post...
The four of us spent half an hour chasing 4 escaped hens around the
neighborhood and back into our yard this afternoon - a little nerve-wracking, but the teamwork was good! The "ladies" are having a time out until we can plug the gap in the fence and clip a few wing feathers.
Oli*ver: "Mama, I think tears are really liquid feelings."
[Mi*nke] is raising the Litter Police. The boys Freak. Out. if they find litter in front of the house, and have all sorts of theories about how such an atrocity might have come to be. In this case, the answer was: it fell out of Ollie's pocket on the way in from the car yesterday....
Olive*r: "Is it completely certain that there's not even ONE dinosaur left? Not ONE?" Me: "Yup, not a one." Oliver: "That's a tragedy, isn't it?"
[Mink*e] is thinking that the urinal smell may only go away by actually removing the toilet and cleaning underneath. Ah, the joys of little boys. At least they can pee against a tree on a hike...
Enjoying a lazy Saturday morning with the boys, playing board games in the sunny living room in our pj's while listening to Bluegrass Saturday Morning. (Also so glad the board and card games are finally getting more interesting. Am I the only one who hates playing Chutes and Ladders and Candy Land?)
Oliv*er, upon staring dreamily into space whilst listening to a Bach Cello Suite: "I think this is the most beautiful thing my ears have ever been used to hear." Wait till I bust out the Goldberg Variations....
The boys and I took a hen to church as a prop for Children's Time (Matthew 23:37). The hen was less trouble than the boys on this particular morning.
[Mi*nke] wonders how old the boys will be before they learn about 9/11. Not yet, please - them finding out about the bridge collapse was bad enough.
Oliv*er tooted at the table and then leaned over conspiratorially, saying, "Between you and me, there's a smell." Oh, the lovely things we learn in the school lunch room...
Oli*ver wants to be an "idea" for Halloween. Do I have to come up with a giant lightbulb type costume?
I volunteered at school today, and there was a fire drill. I was so charmed by all those cute, earnest kindergartners, and also my own, blowing kisses at each other from their respective lines.
[Min*ke] is glad for the increased reading fluency observed in her children, but less so that they picked the City Pages ads to read while mom was checking out library books
No*ah: "Oli*ver! Don't do that! Some ideas that come into your mind are supposed to just stay there and never come out!"
Watching the original Alice in Wonderland movie with two tired boys and a giant bowl of popcorn. Noa*h says Tweedledum and Tweedledee are "pregnant twins".
I love my sons' names, but admit we had no idea how popular they would be. Noa*h S. and O*liver S. they are destined to be. I suspect the parents all the Jennifers, Lisas, and Jasons in my grade school classes had a similar experience.
Noa*h asked Olive*r why he only had one apple from today's orchard field trip when N*oah had received several. Oliver replied, "I think maybe they're rolling around on the bottom of the bus."
Strep case #7 in 5 months for Ollie. ENT referral for tonsillectomy. Sigh.
Before school started, I let Oli*ver know that his often anatomically-correct drawings were not going to be OK in the classroom. He apparently took this to mean that he should draw his male people as usual, then use a darker color to add pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment