Tuesday, April 5, 2011

now we are six

The boys are six. Really and truly grade-schoolers, losing all their soft little-boy roundness, all independent and capable and social. I adored having five-year-olds--I think it's been my very favorite age--but I think six-year-olds will be pretty great to have around as well. Their birthday fell on spring break, so we had a little party at a local climbing place one of those mornings. The boys had a great time, and I think their friends and cousins did too.







The picture above is of Za*ch, No*ah's best friend. He's a great kid, and lots of fun to have around. No*ah's the first of the two to have a real best friend, and it's both very fun to watch and also a little heartbreaking, because it's not exactly fun to be the one to hear your twin rhapsodizing about all the stellar qualities his best friend possesses. But, Ollie has adjusted and is making his own friends, who he holds a bit more at arm's length. When not with No*ah, Ollie can actually be pretty self-conscious. The other day, he spilled some water on his lap on the way to Zo*e's party, and he was mortified - so embarrassed to think someone might think it was pee!





It's been a nonstop birthday-party fest since then, with each boy going to friends' parties, plus Zo*e turning four.








SIX!

No comments:

Post a Comment