Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oli*ver

I wrote the previous post last night and this afternoon, before Oli*ver again woke up from a nap with croup. He sounded pretty bad, so went back to Urgent Care, and his oxygen was quite low again, and he was wheezing hard. He received a breathing treatment and a steriod shot in each leg. The doc was pretty concerned that his breathing was still so bad 5 days after the onset of his ilness, and pulled out the "big guns" with this particular steroid, as well as antibiotics just in case he has a dangerous bacterial infection. He also needs the protection of antibiotics because his immunity is quite compromised from the steroid.

This is all in all quite a frustrating sitation. Neither Jo*el or I like having him on all these meds, but there isn't much alternative --the boy has to breathe. We are praying that he'll be better in a few hours when the steroid starts to take effect, but it could be a long night. We will be watching him very closely. K*athy was again kind enough to stay with No*ah and help out when I got home. True to form, No*ah was pretty sweet with grandma, but royally mad at me when I got home. Not only ws I not there when he woke up from his nap, but I had the gall to take his brother with me!

We are really looking forward to Omie's visit tomorrow, and their 2nd birthday party on Saturday. Hopefully the next post will be joyful birthday pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment