Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Today:
I am thankful for my beautiful, sweet, healthy children.
I am thankful for my and my family's relative health, and for access to medical care.
I am thankful for employment, and for the fact that our family doesn’t have all its eggs in one basket during these uncertain times.
I am thankful for relationships, chosen and unchosen.
I am thankful for people who sacrifice for the greater good, who ask difficult questions, who dare ask and fight for justice and for peace.
I am thankful for people who do the quiet, often invisible work of extending grace and mercy in this world.
I am thankful for the roof over my head, for our warm, cozy house, and for access to healthy food and clean water.
I am thankful for my husband, who has picked up a whole lot of slack around here lately without complaining, who supports me in countless ways, and who so often shows me a new way to look at things.
I am thankful that while I am at work, No*ah and Oli*ver are in his competent care, learning things from him they won’t learn from me.
I am thankful for the good and important things I have learned from difficult experiences.
I am thankful for my church, for the body of God’s people that we choose to be together, for the people who are helping us pass the peace of Christ on to our children.
I am thankful that though my family of origin is far flung, we have the resources to visit one another and keep in touch.
I am thankful that although we are all very different, we consistently find things to appreciate about one another.
I am thankful for hurts that heal, for the ability to forgive and to be forgiven.
I am thankful for God’s love, a gift of the most extravagant sort, a gift which knows no bounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment